Sunday, April 17, 2011
Today has been a day. My goodness. It's getting closer and closer to Cody coming home and the closer it gets the worse I get. It's not something I can really explain. Guys are already coming home and I'm seeing them in church and I have friends that have their husbands coming home and it's just so hard. Cody is extremely tired and ready to come home. I'm just to the end and ready for him to come home. We are both soooooooooo excited but the anxiousness is overwhelming. And of course Chloe senses my anxiety so she is acting like a dog who has not training, forgets she is house trained and destroys my inside plants. I am getting to where it's almost time to start getting things ready for Cody's homecoming so I'm trying to focus on that so I won't feel overwhelmed by the stress. Staying busy helps me so much. I'm wanting to do so many little detailed things so he will have the best homecoming welcome ever! I can't say on here because Cody reads this (hehe hi babe) but I'm so looking forward to taking pictures and just celebrating us being whole again. I'm so glad for you all (our families) to have peace knowing that he is home and getting to talk to him again. We have 28 days until we can fully breath again!!! I'm so ready for that day!! We will be coming to Oklahoma at the end of June through July so we are both very excited to see everyone!!!! I was driving yesterday and saw a man fishing and I started crying. This was a HUGE sign that I'm homesick... haha. Ready to see my husband and ready to see our families!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hang in there! You have done such an amazing job over the past year. Wish we could all be there to welcome him home! Can't wait to see you all in a few months!
ReplyDeleteAmy
Happy Easter Alicia,
ReplyDeleteWe are gathering today at Jay and Joanna's home for Easter. The family won't be complete without you and Cody here with us. We are looking forward to seeing you guys in Oklahoma this summer. Each day that passes is a day closer to his homecoming. Like you, we all want Cody out of harm's way as soon as possible. We are so proud of both of you!
Mike