Today was a good and busy day. I woke up and shoveled snow for about an hour. Got most of it shoveled before I had to leave. Chloe had her vet appointment today. I left early and still ended up being late. So much snow and people who don't know how to drive make for a hard drive for everybody else. So the vet appointment went REALLY well. The vet said she looked really good, so that is awesome! Got all the travel papers done for her to fly with me when we come home. Then I have been dealing with getting vehicle registration extended (long story) and so I had to go to one more place today for that. I'm still waiting on that! Kind of annoying but I've done my part so all I can do now is wait. Then off to Amberg for some lunch. Chloe went with me. She has been going with me everywhere lately. She is such a good girl. Came home and shoveled some more... finally got ALL of it shoveled. Now just waiting for more snow to come. I needed to cut Chloe's nails today and of course the very first one I did I got her cuticle. I have NEVER done that before. She bled so bad, it was a little scary. So I just kept pressure on it and it finally stopped. Then a friend came by and we talked for a while. Started a movie after that and now all I have left for the day is an FRG meeting tonight at 1830. So far this week is going by really fast and I'm so glad!!!
It had been 11 days since I had heard anything from Cody. Yesterday he was able to send an e-mail and I was so stinking happy. It was about 4 lines but it was the best ever! I sent him one back that looked like a book, haha. He was able to send another one today. I'm so glad that I know he has the chance to e-mail. It just gives me a huge lift from the stress, being able to hear from him. He said that he is doing okay. They are staying in mud huts right now. No heat but he said that it is staying pretty warm there right now and they are working on getting better shelter and getting heat. He has been having to eat MRE's and he said that if anybody sends more boxes to send Mt. Dew and snacks. Other than that he is doing good, missing all of us. He will be home (back to Germany) in less than 2 months so we are getting closer. Time flies! So that means in like 8 Sunday's (approximately) I'll get to see my hubby!!! YAY!!!
I'm so thankful to God for protecting Cody and keeping all of us "sane" while he's been gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment