It's been a good week so far! We've been a little busy with figuring out things and going through our options for once we get back home! I think we have some promising plans now, which is so much less stressful. It makes coming home that much more exciting. We are having a yard sale this weekend so I've been going through and getting things organized, cleaned up, priced and ready to go to new homes. Chloe has been going a little crazy since I'm moving things around and things are a bit different. She's handled it pretty well, just a lot more clingy. We've also made some decisions that have made life much better for us and it's been so great!
We've got snow covered grounds now. It snowed last week and it's been in the teens ever since so it's basically all frozen snow and ice. The wind has been blowing so much (we never have wind here) and is destroying things. We have a wooden fence type thing around our car port and it's been so cold that the wood is frozen and then the wind comes and practically broke one of the main posts of the fence. It looks like someone took a chainsaw to it... yikes.
Cody's work schedule has been so much better. He gets his lunch hour and he get home at a good time. We were talking today about how it's been 1 year since he came home for his R&R during deployment. I can not believe how fast that time has gone. It's been over 8 months since he has been back from Afghanistan. It feels just like a few months ago he got back. So crazy. We are also getting so close to coming home. Cody will start clearing next month, which means he will be going to all the organizations to get scheduled for our car to be shipped, movers to be scheduled, get health records and things like that. It seems so crazy it's that time already but I'm so happy I could literally cry! We are both so ready to be back with our families!
No comments:
Post a Comment