Thursday, August 12, 2010

Well, life is back to somewhat normal, if you could say any part of my life is normal... haha I took mom, dad, and Tara to the airport this morning.. that was hard :( I really enjoyed them being here. It was really nice having people in the house and having someone to talk to, other than the dogs, haha. I've got some of the house cleaned up, got the sheets washed just need to get them put back on the beds. I'm taking it slow today because i didn't get much sleep! I couldn't go to sleep once I got in bed and then had to wake up at 4am to get things ready, eat breakfast and get them to the airport. I only teared a little, so I did pretty good. Mom didn't cry so that helped a lot, haha. It's been raining literally ALL day so I've been stuck in the house. I guess that's good and I got homework done today to. Cody has gotten to call the past few nights in a row. He called last night and talked to mom, dad, and Tara to see how they liked Germany. I'm glad they got to talk! He is doing good, staying busy. He is hoping to get some help soon, but who knows!

Okay so some of you may remember my blog about trying to call the Vet clinic on post last month... well since my family left I went ahead and called back today to get Chloe an appointment, they answered on the first ring and asked me to come in within the hour! Plus they asked me to bring a "sample" which of course it was raining so Chloe wouldn't go potty. Luckily, since I was in a hurry this morning to get to the airport, she still had a little left out in the yard... yeah gross to talk about but anywho.... so I gathered that up and we went off to the clinic. We get there, I have a hard time finding a place to park but finally got one, and it's still pouring down rain. I grab her and run inside. Made it okay and she got us right in. The veterinarian took the "sample" to test for worms. Then she came back and was going to take blood and give Chloe two shots. WELLLLLL, Chloe whimpered and howled and just acted like she was going to be KILLED, anywho they had to get someone else to hold her down besides me... I almost started to cry, I was still emotional from family leaving, plus my baby was crying what else is a mother to do right? haha So they finally got the blood taken then the lady gave us a can of cheese for Chloe to lick on and that was the key, she got both shots and didn't even know it. The good news is everything was healthy and she looked good, bad news is she has whip worms. So we got meds for that and of course the vet talked me into getting flee and tick frontline crap, which I said she didn't need but she convinced me otherwise. So she now has heart guard (once a month), worm goop stuff 3 days.. the in 3 wks 3 more days and yeah it's confusing, anyway all that to say I dropped $140 today at the Vet's office. The more I think about that front line stuff the more it annoys me, haha. She has never had flees or ticks since we've had her, whatever! :) The Vet also said that Chloe is overweight... so I guess we need to exercise more and eat less. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment