Today has be wonderful, although it didn't start out that way. I've been the friend that is always early or definitely ALWAYS on time. This past week something has got me thrown off and I've been late to EVERYTHING. So my morning started off bad because I was late and it really got to me today. My best girlfriends and I were going to a 5k walk/run for domestic awareness. I woke up late, so therefore was late getting around and late to meet my friends. I brought Chloe and for some reason she was making me upset. So anyways after I got over the fact that I was late, I started to feel better. So we walked together to meet at the place for the walk. There were not a lot of people but it was a good turn out. We started at one point and walked/ran the path that was marked. I ran about half and walk the other half. It was amazing. I was by myself for the most of it, two of my friends ran the whole way and one walked the whole way so I was in between the groups. Poor Chloe almost didn't make it but I carried her some and she ran most of the path. I got to walk in a peaceful time and had talks with God. I feel so great. I also feel like I can't move, haha. My legs are sore, my knees hurt, my bum hurts, my arms and shoulders hurt. Even with all that I feel so good! I think we are going to do the walk/run every Saturday now. They talked some about domestic violence before and after the walk. They said that in the Army 1 in 4 women report abuse. That hurts my heart for them, but I'm glad they were strong enough to stand up and get out. Anyone who reads this and is in this situation, I pray and hope that you can find someone to confide in and someone can help you get out of that bad situation. No matter how much you believe it, anyone who hits you or treats you with any type of abuse, they do NOT love you! Love is not hurt.
I missed a call from Cody, but I'm glad that I did the walk and can be proud of me completing that.
No comments:
Post a Comment