Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Here is how my day has gone and it's only 330!!!

Woke up, let the dogs out, that actually went good. Then today was the day to change the tires on the Mazda. On my Jeep it has all weather tires so no hassle there. On the Mazda it only had summer tires sooo we had to buy winter tires and we have to change them out ever Winter. Cody isn't here obviously so I had to do the tire change this Winter. The change went well, I've always helped Cody when he does it and I've helped my dad before to. Although it is a little different doing it yourself, it's not really that bad changing the tires. So I got them all changed and the summer tires put away in storage, tightened all the lugnuts one last time to ensure they were all tight and the tires aren't going to fall off while I'm driving. I took 2 hours to do the changes, the last tire was a bugger and I had a little issue with the jack (but I don't wanna talk about that :(... ). Anywho, so I took the car for a test and all the tires were fine, no problems. Sooooo I needed light bulbs and I had to drive a ways to get them. So I just figured I would take the car to get some driving time in on it, BAD IDEA!!! I get about maybe 10 minutes away from home (off post by the way) and all the sudden the car starts making this knocking noise, sounded awful. I knew it had to be the stupid tires. So I turn the car around and drove VERY slow to get back home. I get about 1 mile from post and I'm thinking I'm NOT going to make it back home with this car. So I pull the car over and tried to call for help. Well my phone was out of minutes and I couldn't call out!!! So I said a little prayer and just made it work. I drove about 2 mph and had to drive through the gate with the guards standing there checking Id's... remind you the car knocking noise is REALLY REALLY loud!!! So of course they are feeling sorry for me, but I made it home with the car. I was so annoyed because it's been a week now that I've been having issues with this silly car. So I jumped in the Jeep to do my errands and get lunch (at 2pm now after all this junk has happened) So I finally get back home from my errands and check the lugnuts on the front tire where the noise was coming from... they are loose!!! just on one tire though. So I tighten them like crazy, did another test run(close to home) came back and re-checked the nuts and they were still tight. So I just went around and MADE SURE they were ALL tight, and they were. I put the tool in the car just in case that happens again when I drive off post. So 5 hours of messing with this car and FINALLY (hopefully) it's fixed. I was really bugged because in the States if a car is parked on the side of the road with a woman in it, getting out looking at the tire, people are going to stop.... NOT HERE. I don't think anyone even looked twice. Another reason why I miss home! Lesson learned... carry a tool in the car (right after you change a tire) just in case this happens and never go off post without having minutes on my phone! Now I'm resting and hoping that tomorrow MAY go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment