Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just 10 days now! This next week I'll be getting the house cleaned, making sure Cody has freshly washed clothes to wear and a fridge full of goodies! I never thought this day would make it here. It felt like it was FOREVER away and now just 10 days. I'm still in a little denial that he will be here but super duper excited for him to be home! Chloe used to always go to her couch and look out the window waiting on her dad to come home from work when he called. Today the phone has rang a lot and so she went back to that ... it was cute but sad. She grabbed her little moose and ran to the front room got on her couch and waited with her toy. So of course daddy wasn't coming so I went in and laid with her for a little bit and then she realized no dad and then we played and it was better. I can't even imagine how these families do it with children. I would HATE knowing that my kids were going through the pain that us wives and family have gone through of missing someone. It's hard. Not much longer though and this will all be over. There have been rumors going around of them coming home early and then it was announced at a meeting by the Regimental commander(the guy in charge). I'm excited to talk to Cody about it and get the words from him. With this Cody will only have to go back to Afghanistan for about 60 days after his r&r.. so that is wonderful! Ready for that day to come!

Tried to wash the cars today, the salt they treat the roads with is all over them and that's bad for the paint and metal... so got everything ready went out and as soon as the water hit the jeep it froze...LOL So needless to say it's a little chilly to wash the cars...hahaha. Never had that happen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment