Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This past weekend was a 4 day.  Cody didn't have to be so stressed this week which was great.  Friday Cody was showing a guy the car.  Saturday we mowed and cleaned and got ready for the BBQ we were having at our house on Sunday.  Sunday we went to church came home ate a quick bite for lunch and then prepared things for the BBQ.  Everyone started coming over around 4:30.  We had a great time.  We bought the meat in the big box and didn't put it out until after church to thaw, so we were have to put it in water and try to get it ready and because of that once Cody put them on the grill the smoke was CRAZY.  We always have our windows open in the house and there was so much smoke it went in the upstairs windows and set off our fire alarm...LOL  That was crazy.  So I had to go upstairs and fluff the alarm with a pillow and it eventually stopped...hahaha.  The food was great though and everyone brought something to contribute so it was even better.  Our close close friends stayed a bit longer than everyone else and we got some really cute/funny videos of their daughter.  It was WAY passed her bedtime and she was getting goofy.  Then on Monday we went to Amberg and ate lunch with friends and looked around at the shopping.  I got a scarf and some earring that were both on clearance and then the scarf was even more on sale one I checked out so I got a great deal ;).  The scarf and earrings ended up being 2 Euro which is like 5 bucks, woohoo.  Back to work for Cody yesterday and we finally were able to get with the guy who bought the car and get all that finalized with the registration office.  So the car is officially sold and we just have the Jeep now.  Cody drove that to work yesterday so Chloe and I took a walk to check the mail.  It's a bit of a walk but not to bad, but it was really hot yesterday so we ended up taking quite a few breaks ;)  I took water for both of us and it was all gone by the time we got back home.  It was good for both of us though :)  So far it's been a good week.  We miss you all and are ready to get back!  Cody has a job fair he is going to tomorrow.  They are coming to our Post and there could be up to maybe 50 companies there looking to hire so we are looking forward to that for him.  It would be nice if he could get hired on so we would have some sort of a plan.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like everything is going well for you and Cody. (Just keep new batteries in the smoke alarm. :)

    I wish Cody the best of luck with the job fair. I'm biased, but I think he has a lot to offer any future employer. One of the most important factors is to be willing to relocate.

    Being mobile opens a lot of doors, especially when you are young and adaptable to new situations. As you get older, change is a lot harder to accept.

    Enjoy your vacation and take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete