I finally figured out why my flowers were dying in my flower bed in front of my house. I was digging down in it and I noticed that it was all mulch and no soil.... what the heck. So I finally got to the store and got 2 bags of soil and new fresh mulch. I also got some new flowers. I got out there today and went to work. I dug out all the old nasty stuff and replaced it with the new stuff. I planted my flowers and I am hoping that they will be just fine. If not, I give!! I got some re-decorating done today to. After this time around I'm done with moving things. Now I know what Cody feels like when I ask him to help me move things....hahaha!! It needs to be done though. I am really going to go crazy next week and start organizing all the closets and rooms. I just need to get it done so I won't have to keep putting on my "to do" list and it never getting done. Chloe was really good for me while I was planting my flowers because she gets to be outside. When I decorate she gets frustrated because she doesn't get as much attention. She is just a big baby...haha!
Me and my friend Karyn went to OBI and McDonald's today without our husbands. That was a first for us girls. We usually make our husbands check out and order because we are scared to speak to the German's. Our German is not very good, but we made it on our own today. That was really fun and interesting..haha. I also was the "problem" customer because I got 3 of the same flowers and none of them had a bar code. Therefore they had to call a guy up and he is trying to say something to me and I'm just like huh...... then they realize that I'm American and kinda laugh and then they speak English. It's kind of embarrassing but not to bad I guess. They are nice though if you try to say at least a few German words. I know my numbers and to say hi and bye and I think that is good enough. Good effort I would say ;) !
Oh my goodnes! You are adjusting quite well it sounds like. We moved 7 months ago too. Not quite as far as you did..but almost to Texas. Kenny is pastoring a church here. It has been hard moving away from family. But you know that all too well, don't ya? We are all doing well...and yes Ruthie Jane is getting SO big SO fast. I just can't believe it!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad your dad is doing better. I just cant believe the hard road he has gone down to recovery. Goodness. I hope your mom is doing well through all of it! I know she misses you!
When I think of your daddy, the first thing that comes to my mind is him praying. He has such a heart felt, guinine prayer. I've never heard anyone pray quite like him. So sweet. How long has strang been w/o a pastor? We will def keep them in our prayers. It's so good to hear about your life in Germany!