Monday, September 20, 2010

Heartache!

It seems like the minute that I kind of get to feeling normal in this Army life, something horrible happens and I'm stressed/worried all over again. There was a soldier killed in our unit and it hit really close to home. This soldier had a wife, a 2 yr old and one child due in a few weeks. I can not imagine the pain that that family is feeling! My heart hurts for her and I feel drained, and that is only one tiny portion of what she feels. When I got the news I immediately e-mailed Cody to see if he was okay. I sent it to his work e-mail so he would get it directly. He e-mailed me back within the hour and all it said was, "I'm okay. I'll call you when I can". So I know he is safe, but I am still very worried for him. Death should not be something that is on anyone's mind all the time, and when you are constantly surrounded with the possibility and then when it happens to someone you know, its terribly sad. It's been 4 days now since I haven't heard from Cody(except for the one line e-mail) so I'm having a hard time. Normally I would be okay, but after this death and since the elections were on that same day, I'm just very worried! At least I know he is okay and safe! Please keep the Unit in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment