Sunday, October 11, 2009

Today it has been 3 weeks since Cody has been gone. 2 more to go. He is doing well, staying busy being out in the field. I got to talk to him on Friday for about 2 minutes. He sounded healthy and happy so that is good.

Today is cold again. I think I better just get used to this type of weather. Cold and Rainy!

So my latest delima is trying to cook a good meal for one person(me). Everything comes in packages for at least 2 or more. Meat is easy because you can divide it up and freeze what you don't need. I find it difficult to divide things like stuffing, and boxed food. Like last night I made porkchops, stove top stuffing, and corn. I measured out half of the stuffing and then cooked it... blah it was not good. I don't do leftovers very well either. Maybe that will be my only answer! Just get over my issue and eat the leftover food the next day for lunch. aww who knows.

I miss everyone and Love you guys BUNCHES!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alicia,

    I'm glad Cody is doing well in his training, but I know it's rough on you and Chloe to have him away for such a long period of time.

    Let me share one of my quick and easy recipes with you. It's simple, delicious and tastes good!

    - Peel some ripe bananas, place them in a ziplock bag and freeze overnight.
    - Break two of the frozen bananas into several pieces and put in a blender.
    - Add two cups of skim milk.
    - Add two little packs of Nutrisweet or Splenda.

    Blend until smooth. You can also add peanut butter, strawberries, nuts, or whatever you like.
    It's pretty good!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete